Will you provide the contracting for the new SURF network?
About SURF and the Quality, Procurement and Legal team
SURF is the collaboration organization for IT for Dutch education and research. SURF works with educational and research institutions on IT facilities and IT innovation to make the best use of the opportunities offered by digitization.
You will be part of the Quality, Procurement and Legal (KIJ) team, consisting of 5 sub teams all with their own expertise: procurement, legal, corporate social responsibility, privacy and security. As a procurement advisor you will work a lot with your colleagues from the procurement sub-team. In addition, for procurement projects you will work closely with the procurement lawyer within the legal sub team.
What does this job entail?
As a procurement advisor, you will support major procurement projects. Together with your colleagues, you will procure a broad package of products and services for the development and implementation of services SURF provides to Dutch educational and research institutions, as well as for its own operations.
This is what you will do as a procurement consultant at SURF:
- You will supervise procurement processes of products and services such as the replacement of our supercomputer to new network equipment, or the framework contracts for external hiring;
- You also take care of procurement processes for business operations, such as for the accountant, the financial package or a new HR system;
- As an expert, you are the process controller of your processes, advising colleagues in their procurement process and securing careful decision-making at various steps in the procurement process.
With your affinity for IT and experience in European procurement, you will ensure that education and research move forward. You will take procurement at SURF to a higher level. In short: as a purchaser you will make a major contribution to improving IT within the Dutch education and research sector.
- At least four years of experience as a procurement consultant, preferably within an IT context;
- Experience with European Procurement and applying procurement laws and directives;
- Affinity with compliance topics (including privacy, security, CSR and Finance) is a plus;
- You can advise and supervise a diverse group of internal colleagues;
- You have soft skills that allow you to quickly make contacts with colleagues and build your network within the organization;
- You have a good oral and written command of the Dutch and English languages;
- Affinity with contract management methodologies, such as CATS CM framework, is a plus.
- A varied and challenging job for 32 to 40 hours (0.8 - 1.0 fte) in an informal and collegial atmosphere with a high level of ambition;
- Extensive training opportunities and excellent fringe benefits;
- A salary range of 4189 - 5985 EUR gross based on full-time;
- 8.33% vacation allowance, a fixed year-end bonus of 8.33%;
- 36 vacation days per year (based on a 40-hour work week);
- A good pension plan with PNO media, where you yourself contribute only 1/8th of the premium and SURF contributes 7/8ths;
- An NS Business Card 1st class;
- The opportunity for hybrid work and you will receive a home office allowance on work-at-home days;
- Two great locations, in Amsterdam and Utrecht, both with good public transport facilities. Your main location will be: Utrecht. Our Utrecht office is located within walking distance of Utrecht CS;
- A contract for one year initially, with the intention of converting to permanent employment after one year.
An assignment can be part of the selection procedure.
Prior to starting this job, a VOG must be presented.
SURF takes great pleasure in doing its recruitment itself; acquisition is therefore not appreciated.