Are you versatile and do you know how to put a smile on someone's face? Do you enjoy working behind the reception desk as well as taking on other facility tasks? In an organization with a social interest? That is possible!
About SURF and the Facility team
SURF is the collaboration organization for IT for Dutch education and research. SURF works with educational and research institutions on IT facilities and IT innovation to make the best use of the opportunities offered by digitization.
SURF is growing! That's why we are looking for an all-round receptionist to join our team. We are looking for a colleague who enjoys not just being a receptionist; as an all-round receptionist at SURF you will do more than that!
SURF's Facility team consists of a team lead , senior facility employee, 10 receptionists and 2 meeting center employees. You work closely together and take over matters or services from each other when necessary.
What does this job entail?
Together with your colleagues, you will be responsible for all facilities in our Amsterdam office, such as the reception, the meeting center, maintenance, the building, workstations, coffee points, and so on. You see work lying around and pick things up proactively. You are friendly to everyone and ask questions when necessary. You understand the importance of working according to agreed procedures, but also seek improvements together with the team wherever possible.
Over the phone you get to know all facets of the company. You are the first point of contact for all your colleagues. In this way you get to know what SURF does, all your colleagues, external parties and suppliers. A fun varied job within a welcoming team.
What are you going to do exactly?
- You answer the phone and mailbox and are responsible for scheduling meeting rooms for colleagues and externals;
- You oversee whether the meeting rooms are tidy;
- You are responsible for mail and taking care of the coffee machine;
- You are the first point of contact and receive visitors and suppliers;
- You are responsible for the inventory management of office supplies;
- You make orders for catering and are responsible for preparing lunch;
- You check the cleanliness of the premises;
- You are the first point of contact for questions and malfunctions.
- You have mbo working and thinking level;
- You are customer friendly;
- You have a great sense of responsibility;
- You see work lying around and pick it up;
- You work well independently as well as in a team;
- You preferably have work experience in a similar position;
- You have a good command of the Dutch language, both verbally and in writing;
- You have a good command of the English language;
- You are available on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- A varied and challenging job for 24 uur (0.6 fte) in an informal and collegial atmosphere with a high level of ambition;
- Extensive training opportunities and excellent fringe benefits;
- A salary range of 2318 - 3534 EUR gross based on full-time;
- 8.33% vacation allowance, a fixed year-end bonus of 8.33%;
- 36 vacation days per year (based on a 40-hour work week);
- A good pension plan with PNO media, where you yourself contribute only 1/8th of the premium and SURF contributes 7/8ths;
- An NS Business Card 1st class;
- Two great locations, in Amsterdam and Utrecht, both with good public transport facilities. Your main location will be: Amsterdam. Our Amsterdam office is located at the Amsterdam Science Park, with good public transport facilities nearby;
- A contract for one year initially, with the intention of converting to permanent employment after one year.
SURF takes great pleasure in doing its recruitment itself; acquisition is therefore not appreciated.