Technical Privacy AdvisorApply
Could you never choose between privacy and technology? And do you now miss the combination between these two disciplines? Then we at SURF have just the job for you! We are looking for a technical expert with a heart for privacy.
About SURF and the Quality, Purchasing & Legal (KIJ) team.
SURF is the collaborative ict organization for Dutch education and research. SURF works with education and research institutions on ict facilities and ict innovation to make the most of the opportunities of digitization.
You will be part of the KIJ team consisting of privacy and security officers, procurement consultants and legal counsel. You will fill one of the privacy officer roles with this position. You mainly focus on the technical area. The entire team advises and supports the entire SURF organization in privacy work. The team also draws up frameworks and guidelines for SURF and monitors compliance with these frameworks and guidelines.
What does the position entail and what will you do?
Both internal business operations and SURF’s mostly technical services involve the processing of a great deal of personal data of employees, students and researchers, among others. Your role as technical privacy advisor at SURF is a multifaceted one. You will advise and support colleagues in the broad field of privacy. An important task of your position will be to support the organization in the technical mapping of aspects that are important for privacy, the division of roles between SURF and its customer or supplier, and setting up data processing in accordance with the privacy by design principle.
You will also play an important role in a variety of innovative projects (including AI), service development projects, development of PaaS, IaaS and cloud solutions, procurement processes, partnerships and pilot programs involving the protection of personal data. For example, you will help conduct technical analyses, privacy inventories and DPIAs, among other things.
You stand firmly on your feet and you can communicate your advice well and clearly both orally and in writing. You cooperate with all colleagues within SURF and with the other colleagues of the KIJ team you contribute to the further development of policy frameworks, templates, manuals and process descriptions.
- You have a completed relevant HBO or WO study (e.g. Information Science, Business IT & Management, Business Information Technology);
- You have sound general technical knowledge and experience;
- You have at least five years of relevant work experience within the it sector;
- You have ambition to (further) deepen as an expert on privacy and the (U)AVG;
- You have a pragmatic and hands-on attitude;
- You have good communication skills and can deal with resistance;
- You have excellent oral and written command of the Dutch and English languages
As an advantage we name: experience with privacy, for example in the form of work experience as a privacy officer or a certification in the field of privacy (such as CIPP/E).
- A varied and challenging job for 32-40 hours per week (0.8 – 1.0 FTE) in an informal atmosphere with a high level of ambition;
- SURF offers extensive training opportunities and excellent benefits;
- This position has a salary range of €4,464 to €6,378 gross on a full-time basis;
- 8.33% vacation pay, a fixed year-end bonus of 8.33%;
- Excellent benefits, including 36 vacation days (based on a 40-hour work week);
- An NS business card 1st class;
- An office in a prime location, less than a 10-minute walk from Utrecht Central Station;
- We offer the opportunity for hybrid work and you will receive a home work allowance on home work days;
- Initially, the contract will be for one year, with the intention to convert to permanent employment after one year.
Prior to employment, this position requires the submission of a VOG.
SURF takes great pleasure in doing its recruitment itself; acquisition is therefore not appreciated.