National Liaison Implementation Network L-DCCsApply
Do you want to increase the impact of the work of Dutch research institutions by organizing national collaborations? Do you like being a spider in the web, switching easily between national stakeholders and do you have affinity with it strategy, Research Data Management and change processes? Then we are looking for you!
SURF is the collaborative ict organization for Dutch higher education and research. SURF works together with more than 100 educational and research institutions on ict facilities and ict innovation, to make the most of the opportunities of digitization. In doing so, SURF is also committed to making better and more flexible research and education possible for more than a million users. In the field of research, SURF supports researchers and research institutions in all scientific disciplines with ICT facilities, knowledge, and advice.
What does the position entail?
The Implementation Network DCCs is looking for a liaison to support the substantive linking of the Local Digital Competence Centers (L-DCCs) and the alignment and developments within the Dutch Research Data management landscape. The liaison focuses primarily on the L-DCCs but can also advise other stakeholders such as the Thematic DCCs, Regie Orgaan Open Science, SURF, the Netherlands eScience Center and project teams or working groups in the field of computing, FAIR data and software. The liaison will advise, report and coordinate with the IN-DCC core group.
- You keep in touch with the L-DCCs and other stakeholders and bundle wishes and needs with the aim of stimulating cooperation and knowledge exchange;
- You ensure coordination between the plans of the L-DCCs among themselves and their alignment with the plans of other relevant stakeholders;
- You will support the IN-DCC core group substantively in developing vision and strengthening the network. You do this in collaboration with coordinator/community manager LCRDM;
- You identify needs, plan and share projects;
- You monitor the channels of communication and actively participate in the conversations. You share these observations with the IN network;
- You are a spider in the IN network and organize meetings, e.g. for knowledge sharing, with and for L-DDCs and other stakeholders;
- You initiate and evaluate the your own role from collaboration, process and financial perspectives.
- Create overview of developments within the L-DCCs, and identification of shared needs on the basis of which visioning can take shape;
- An environmental sketch of stakeholders and making their (impetus for) planning available;
- Vision for joint development of the IN-DCC ready and action lines developed;
- First results of concrete cooperation visible based on alignment between IN-DCC and stakeholders.
- Multiple years of experience in scientific research and/or research support;
- Experience/affinity with national networking and knowledge of the (inter-)national network in the Dutch scientific research domain;
- Tact and political sensitivity;
- Good combination of strategic insight and practical decisiveness;
- Skilled networker and connector/bridge builder;
- Fluent command of Dutch and English language in speech and writing;
- Preferably experienced in preparing project plans, business models and business cases.
- A varied and challenging position for 16 hours, flexible scheduling.
- Secondment from your institution to SURF.
Prior to employment, this position requires submission of a VOG
SURF takes great pleasure in doing its recruitment itself; acquisition is therefore not appreciated.